Site Network: Home | LBPP-LIA | Template | About

SS
More than 2000 years ago, Confucius wrote: Tell me, I will forget.
Teach me, I will remember.
Involve me, I will learn.
The first two lines obviously show the teacher's domination and controll resulting in students' passive learning. To this kind of teachers, teaching means transferring knowledge from the teacher who knows a lot of things to the students who do not know anything. Therefore, the teacher bombards the students with his explanation on various subjects hoping that the students would be able to absorb and understand them. There is no students' engagement and no S-S interaction; there is only T-S interaction. However, Confucius told us that students would learn little or nothing at all through telling, teaching and explaining things.
Therefore, in third line he suggested that students be involved in all meaningful learning activities/tasks that would maximize S-S interaction through which students would construct their own knowledge and own the learning process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment