Site Network: Home | LBPP-LIA | Template | About

AJ




I was having pre and post consultation with a candidate teacher when i started to wonder if those sessions can be considered as mentoring sessions.My personal opinion, they CAN be considered as mentoring sessions. My understanding comes form the fact that I did things that a mentor does. I actively listened to her opinion on the steps of teaching she was going to do. She also responded to my effort in making her to be more self-analytical.I tried to lead her into coming up with activities that would be more effective for her teaching. I presented experts' opinion on aspects of her teaching. And last but not least, I invited her to plan on future actions. We discussed the result of the actions. Those steps convinced me that I have conducted some mentoring sessions.
Any comments?

0 comments:

Post a Comment