Site Network: Home | LBPP-LIA | Template | About


From experience, I always know that I'll have an amusing time whenever I check my students' writing pieces, especially when it is about argumentative paragraph/essay. It is usually something in their way of thinking that disappoints me. Or amuses me, if you look at it from a different angle. Perhaps you guys have experienced the same thing.

Sometimes, the same thing happens when my class discuss a more difficult topic, like Street Art, Education, etc. Although my students are very enthusiastic in involving in the class discussion, their way of thinking (or giving arguments) is interesting.

My colleagues call it Lack of Critical Thinking.

Knowing the problem, I usually provide my class with background information about a particular topic, using many ways: cut out news from newspaper, pictures/posters, movies, songs, etc.. I find it relieving that the technique helps the students. Once they are given more input about the topic, their mind can think beyond boundaries. A little beyond, but that's okay.

Now, I've come to another problem...
When the students are given another -different- topic to study or/and to do as home assignment, they fall into the same problem again.
*sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment